Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Allied Force Worship, November 12th, 2008

Tonight was our first night of the "Spiritual Disciplines" Series. It was our first night back from small group hangout week. I decided that I would blog about how tonight went and give my thoughts on the general state of High School AFW.


I thought tonight was a great night full of energy right from the beginning. Matt Hamer and Company led a great worship set with alot of energy and worshipful moments. I thought the worship was very spirit led and people that were leading were ready to lead others in worship. Overall, the worship time was good.

We started the night with a visit from the Turkey Bowl mascot. Jake Hofeling through on the Turkey suit and had a good time highlighting November 30th as our Turkey Bowl 2008. That was alot of fun.

The message of the night was "read your bible." My prayer each week is that God speaks directly to students and it appears that many students were spoken to and were moved to take first steps in their relationship with Jesus Christ when it comes to quiet times, etc. Cool stuff!

As always, I prayed for small groups as they met after AFW.

-Chris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home