Monday, August 4, 2008

Last Day.

I am sitting at GotCoffee, a local coffee shop with internet and contemplating on this summer that is drawing to a close today. Interns show up here in an hour for their last meeting together. they will be discussing some of their philosophy that they have learned this summer regarding student ministry. They will be sharing prayer requests and going over the scripture that they memorized together. I'm excited to see them for the last time. But there is a huge part of me that will be sad to see them go. When they came, they were individuals wanting to learn about ministry. As they leave, they are a team, a community, an organism that moves together. I have appreciated the willingness that they have had to connect deeply with each other. They are a group that has huge hearts for kids. They want to see kids grow in the faith that they say that they have. I have seen an intern team that has thought deeply about what it meant to minister to teenagers in a very relational way.

At the end of the summer, I always have feelings of nostalgia. I hate change and the end of the summer brings about change. We move towards fall programming which is different then summer programming. Don't get me wrong. I'm excited about the fall. I am more excited about this fall than I have been for any future time period for a long time, but there is something about summer ending and interns leaving that leaves me wanting more of summer.

I love the community that has begun to establish itself amongst students this summer. They are become a tight knit group that loves each other and loves others. I have no idea what this year brings spiritual growth wise, but I know that God will use these willing hearts and lives in very powerful ways for his glory!

Interns, as you go, serve. As you go, pray. As you go, love. You are an amazing group of individuals and you will each do incredible things as you go into this year. All of you are missionaries. All of you are lovers of people and God and those are really going to drive you this year. Thank you for the opportunity to serve with you. I appreciate each and every one of you!

Father, let the interns bring you GLORY and HONOR in EVERYTHING that they do. Let them bring your gospel, your humble gospel to the nations this next year. Give them a place to serve and continue to think deeply about serving you!

-Pastor Chris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home