Saturday, March 1, 2008

Teaching and Learning...

I took a class in college called Teaching and Learning strategies. I remember learning that there are all kinds of learning techniques and personalities and if that is true, then we have to have many teaching strategies.

As I teach week in and week out, I am well aware that I am only reaching a piece of the pie as I speak. Reality is that God created me in a certain way, and while I can continue to sharpen my skills to become the best teacher that I can be, I am made to teach to a certain personality.

I'm excited to continue teaching. I enjoy teaching and seeing people get it. It's fun to get it myself and own the material that I am presenting. I don't know if I would be a good grammar teacher or a math teacher (although I admire those that do) because I don't know that I would own the material as much as I own and try to live out the scripture that I am working to teach through each week. Sometimes, it is hard to get up and speak on a topic or passage because I have not begun to live out what that passage means. I have not begun to understand what the principle is that I am trying to drive home. I would love to say that I understand and live out each principle that I teach but the more that I study scripture, the more that I realize I don't know. Interesting paradox.

By the way, I am teaching on worship for the next 6 weeks. I am learning and being stretched in this area!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home