Friday, February 22, 2008

Icy Interstates and The Emergency Room.

We drove from Wichita, KS to Cincinnati yesterday. I am one of these people that when we are going somewhere, I want to be there in the amount of time that MapQuest tells me that I should be there in. MapQuest said 12 hours, I thought twelve hours. We started at 6:30 A.M. on Thursday morning and began the short jaunt acrossed the midwest only to find rain, snow, sleet, and freezing drizzle as we drove. Ugh. To top it off, the windshield didn't defrost well, Grant blew a fuse, and the windshield wipers were less than steller. None of these things would be that bad on there own except that we were crawling at 40 miles per hour. Wow.

Halfway through the morning, Isaiah, my son, started to have weezing issues. As a five month old, I was scared. He wasn't breathing well. We stopped at the emergency room, they gave him some treatments for the croup and after a two hour stop, we headed on. We will had about 320 miles to go. St. Louis was halfway and we were ten hours into our trip. The last 200 miles of our trip turned into freezing rain and the roads being treacherous. I went about 40 miles per hour the last 4 hours of our trip.

We arrived at 3 A.M. Friday morning Central time. The group that I am with is VERY flexible and God works in crazy ways.

I keep looking at the situation and thinking "if this would have happened, then this might have happened and if this didn't happen, we might have been..."

Thank you Lord for safety, work in this group this weekend as we experience a rejuvenation and a sense of calling to work with students week in and week out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home