Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mission

Mission: To Glorify God in everything that I do.

Vision: To be a fully devoted Follower (Disciple) of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Values: Relationship with God and with others all the time. (reading my bible, praying, worshipping God, Evangelism, discipleship, and giving God my best.)

But here is the thing...I ask myself the question, "Is this a vision and mission to die for?" is this something that I would stand up for and absolutely go after in every area of life that I live? You see, the reality is that I don't necessarily live this out all of the time. It is compelling. It is important for me to keep in front of myself. It is important for me to bring the things that I think about and attempt to carry out back to my mission statement for my life.

I am much better at some of my values than others. I am much better at being with people than I am at being with my God. That priority is messed up. My God deserves all of my life, everything that I am and do and say. I cannot go to people first, I must go to my God. If I can't go to my God first, my life is messed up with priorities.

God help me to seek you first and all these things will be added. Help me not to seek people and that relationship, but instead a relationship with you, my God the Savior. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home