Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Isaiah: God is My Salvation!

Isaiah means "God is my Salvation." One of the stories that Isaiah writes is his call to ministry. If the body of Christ looked at this passage, I believe it would renovate the way that we think about the ministry that we engage in. Sometimes, we believe that we have to have life all together to do ministry, to serve God. And yet, Isaiah comes before a creator, infinite, almighty amazing God and says, "I am a man of unclean lips." He admits his shortcomings...He admits his cultures' shortcomings. He then acknowleges who God his. God responds by taking him through what had to be a fairly painful process, but a beautiful process of sanctification. He has a Seraph touch Isaiah's lips. "Your guilt is atoned for!" The sin is taken. Often, we say that sin is taken at the point of salvation, whcih is very true. But there is often a process that we walk through after this point that is painful and requires that we are authentic with ourselves in who we are and who Christ is. It is immediately after God forgives Isaiah that Isaiah is ready for ministry. He is ready and willing. He answers God's call by saying, "Here I am! Send Me!"

Oh God, that I would say this...That I would cry out in utter dependance for you and that you would take me through a cleansing and sanctifying process...Let me be a heart follower of you and be in relationship with you.

Isaiah: God is my salvation- Utter dependence on who God is and what he will do through his people!

5Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
6Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
7And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
8Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home