Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I need...Jesus Christ.

In "The Signature of Jesus, I came across a section of the book that hit home with me and challenged me to live differently. The part in italics below is from the book. God is working in my heart, breaking it for the people that surround me that don't know him. Jesus, continue to work, help me to feel pain that people feel, hurt when people hurt, laugh when people laugh, and give me a huge heart for the people that don't know you.

The paragraph in bold print is Hebrews 12 paraphrased...

Since I am surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, I have to throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles me and I must run the race that is marked out for me with perseverance. Fixing my eyes on Jesus, the author and the perfecter of my faith because he had joy as he endured his cross, he scorned its’ shame, and he sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I don’t need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean in his presence, walk by patience, am uplifted by prayer, and I labor with the power of Jesus Christ.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is in heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away from, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the enemy, pander in the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won’t give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go until he comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till he stops me. And, when he comes for his own, my banner will be clear.




My mission:
To intentionally Build those that know Christ
And
To passionately Pursue those without Christ.

Thus reaching Sedgwick County, Kansas,
the United States, and the World for Jesus Christ!



I have been reading through the above section daily, remembering what I am called to do in my own life and in the life of ministry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home