Friday, July 20, 2007

Sumo Wrestler...Pete Melgren

July 20, 2007
Well, we finished today. Again, God is faithful in answering our prayers and the prayers of the Lahu people. He gave us strength and energy for a task that seemed fairly daunting. It seemed as though the physical aspect of this trip would be very tough. AND IT WAS! But God was glorified through the work that we did.

Last night, the Lahu people put on a celebration and a “thank you” party for us. It was pretty sweet to see how another culture takes care of guests. They really did do a great job of loving us as brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ. They presented us with gifts, danced for us, sang songs for us, and greeted us in amazing ways. I am connected to this group of Lahu people in some cool ways. God worked through relationships (as he always does) this week and I am excited to think what he will do as we come home in some of our relationships with each other. God is good and he is amazing and I thank him for that.

This afternoon, David and Pete decided to wrestle. They went at it in the lawn. I don’t think that they worked hard enough this week. J Pete ended up winning but not after a tremendous epic battle that took place. It was mildly, okay quite entertaining for me to watch. I think that the Lahu people enjoyed it a little bit too.

Scott Hackett and I are working on our sermons for Sunday. I am going to preach through Genesis 1 and he going to give a gospel presentation during the second service on Genesis 3 and that fall of man. I am excited to see what ways God will use Scott this weekend to bring glory to God. I am excited that Scott is quite passionate about what he speaking about. I am glad that God has given us the opportunity to do this thing together.

Okay, well, I miss my wife, God is good, and we did it! That’s enough for one night….

I love you Jesus. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home