Thursday, July 12, 2007

So...God is pretty faithful...I'm enjoying Jesus!

Again, God is faithful. He is with us every step of the way and as I sit in an internet hotspot and write these words, I am reminded of his faithfulness again. Thank you Oh Lord for who you are and how you ask us to respond to that. I am ever grateful for your leading in our lives and your leading of this team.

The team has done well today. It started with a flight to Chang mai from Bangkok where we were only on the plane for one hour. When we got to Chang Mai we met with Dave and Gloria Callahan as well as Chris Cole. Chris introduced us to a young man named Dennis. Dennis has a crazy story. Mom and Dad are not doing well in their marriage but Dennis was saved in middle school. God has been good to him and he is going to be able to finish his senior year and graduate from Grace International school. It is exciting to see what God is doing in a man so full of promise and vigor for Jesus Christ! My heart yearns for his situation and yet I know that God is preparing him for something incredible. After we met with the Callahan’s, Chris, and Dennis, we headed to Dinner. We walked forty minutes downtown to a local Thai restaurant where we had Thai food. We ate community style and everyone was full when we left. Again, God is amazing and we connected well at dinner. As a team, we had a blast. Scott Hackett danced. That was fun.

We went through the marketplace after Dinner where we could buy anything known to mankind. Amazing. There were lots of vendors willing to sell you anything that they had on their stands. I didn’t buy anything, but Pete was fairly focused on three things. He got them, and he got to barter for them. He was excited.

We road in a “Songton” (not sure how to spell it) which is a truck where lots of people can ride on benches in the back. I wasn’t sure where in the world it was taking us, but we eventually made it back to the old hotel. Thank you Lord!

When we got back, we debriefed, prayed together and then Larry, Milloy, and I updated website stuff. Larry is fairly happy with the amount of traffic that our website is getting. I think it’s probably parents that are worried about their kids.

Larry and Scott have been great leaders with great charisma. I’m so excited to see what God does through them and in them this week. He is working.

Tomorrow, we start training for sports camp. That’ll be sweet…You know what? I’m out! I’m going to bed. Good night!

God thank you for your faithfulness, your love which defines who I am in you, and your life that you gave on the cross. Grant me wisdom, peace, love, and power on this trip and beyond this trip. It’s in your name that I pray ALL of these things…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home