Sunday, July 15, 2007

Not to us, but to YOUR NAME be the glory!

July 16th, 2007 5 A.M.
Almighty infinite God above the universe…You are the God that brings relationships. You make, mend, and nurture the ones that you give. God I pray that this team would be made, that they would mend, and that the relationship that we have developed would continue to be nurtured. Make us a people that show your love! Make us a people that reflect your grace and truth.

Yesterday was a day about relationships. One of the students said it well when he said, “It was hard to speak to them but it was easy to communicate with them.” He was speaking in reference to the students at the sports camp. As we debriefed last night, I was so excited to hear the students talk about the kids that they connected with. We were loved on by the students at the sports camp. For me, that seems backwards, but the kids saw something in us that drew them to us. I have often wondered what the love of God looks like as it is played out in everyday lives and relationships and yesterday, I saw that love. Amazing.

The gospel message was shared with over 250 kids yesterday. It was all done in Thai, so I simply couldn’t understand what was being said. I wanted to understand, but couldn’t. At the end, most of the kids around the room prayed the prayer of salvation with the pastor. I am not God and so I do not judge the hearts of the kids that prayed this prayer. The exciting thing about this process was certainly salvation occurred yesterday but also the fact that the kids were asked to turn in information cards stating whether they had received Christ and if they wanted to do something like this again. Grace International will be intentional about follow up with these students. How amazing to have something so close and so intentional in a neighborhood full of unreached families. Those students saw and heard the gospel played out this weekend. They experienced what it looks like to give your life to Christ. They have seen love in the lives of Christ followers and seeds have been planted, not just with them, but with families and neighbors for years to come! God be glorified. It isn’t about us or this team or us coming to Thailand. God is doing bigger things that we can point to! Again, to God be the glory. Cool stuff.

There are things that I miss about the United States. I miss my wife…Bigtime. J It is an incredible experience being here and I know that she would love to be here with me. God, be with her as I am not.

Today, we travel to the Lahu Training Center where we were scheduled to build a wall. We have been told that that project might have been changed to helping with another structure on campus. I am excited about whatever we do. Father, give our team patience to understand the changes in schedule and grace as Larry makes tough decisions in the choices that we have! I am excited to get to know a different group of people that are being trained to bring the good news to the people of the hilltribes of Chiang Mai. We start at 6:30 this morning with a devotional. And then off to the training center for orientation.

Jesus, give us strength. Show your power today in the things that we experience. Help us to throw ourselves at whatever we encounter and give you the glory in the outcome no matter what it is. God grant us peace, grant us opportunity, help us to work hard and to glorify your name doing it. Be with our families back at home that they might see what you are doing by the communication that they do have. Bless them for their support. I pray all of these things in the name of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home