Thursday, July 19, 2007

God is great, God is good...

July 19, 2007 P.M.
God is Good. He has blessed this team tremendously for weeks. He has brought us through some stuff that has been rough. He has brought us through some stuff that has been really good. He has been faithful and he has been comforting and loving and merciful in all of the things that we have participated in. As we head into the weekend, my heart is excited about what is to come with the orphans from the orphanage. I am excited to see what God has in store for our students when they meet with students and swim this weekend. I am also excited to drive up the mountainside and meet with the Lahu village. I am excited to preach on Sunday, although I am somewhat nervous. I get to speak through a translator, and that is somewhat nerve wracking. God make me an effective tool for your kingdom. Let me not be focused on me but speak in spite of me.

Today was a hard day. We worked our tails off to get two piles of dirt into the sidewalk and succeeded. We did it! We filled what we needed to fill and used what dirt we were supposed to use. We still need to level so that the crew can begin to put down concrete. We were going to start the concrete but I just don’t think that it is feasible or even a good idea to start pouring concrete tomorrow. Tomorrow is our last day here! Crazy how time flies. We have had a good time here working with the people. Tonight they will share a “cultural dance” with us to show us how they worship and celebrate our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! I’m excited to see what they will do and how they will sing.

God is good. Thank you almighty father for all of the things that you have blessed us with. Thank you for the trip that you have allowed each of us to be on and for the devotions that you have allowed me to study and to have with you. You are an awesome God, one that cannot be shaken! In all of these things, I praise YOUR name…Alpha and Omega, beginning and the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home